Sunday, June 04, 2006

Day 8. Only 2 days to OJ.

Well here I am. The dawn of day 8. Desire for any specific food is gone. Replaced by a dull sense of craving for anything aside from syrup, lemons, cayenne pepper and water. I have to admit, I did take an extra spoonful of maple syrup this morning (ok fine, I took a swig from the bottle) and it tasted wonderful. I guess it is the concoction itself that I am tired of.

Friday was hard as it is treat day at work and paraded before me was Portuguese BBQ chicken and those little round skinless yummy potatoes in that red sauce. For the first time since I started this my dull low grade headache is gone. Not sure if that is a good sign or not. My watch is spinning around my wrist like a hula hoop and I had to use the next hole on my belt yesterday.

It's the final countdown and I have never looked so forward a glass of OJ! That is my first 'meal' after the cleanse. OJ diluted with water. Yum!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just tried to call to see if you were still in the land of the living, and see you are, barely, or should I say "bearly".
Mom

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I'm dying to know how the story ends? Do you learn the age-old lesson and realize you never really needed food in the first place? That the food was already inside you?

Wait, that can't be right ... so how was the finale?

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home