Tuesday, July 28, 2009

IronMan!

What a weekend! For the first time, I went to Lake Placid to watch the annual IronMan and it was truly amazing. I have started to lay my plans for IronMan Canada 2011. This year, a full marathon. Next year a half IronMan and look out BC.... here I come.

Swimming, thanks to IronGirl, I have actually started to quite enjoy. Although I will have to take a "stay at the back of the pack" approach. I can swim, but would not like being kicked, punched or having someone swim over me. I say no. The bike, I would quite enjoy. I went on a few 9okm practices runs with IronMan, IronGirl and crew. I know it's twice that PLUS the swim PLUS the run, but with training, I am sure I can do it.
The run will be my challenge. I find it boring at the best of times and after everything else am quite sure will NOT be too eager to get up and go. Really, I just want the tattoo and right to brag about it, but it will be exciting getting ready!
Here are a few pics of the CUTEST IronMan EVER in action. Congratulations baby!

SWIM:

BIKE:RUN:
And here is IronGirl kickin' her usual ass!

So very proud of you both! See you on the course!

1 Comments:

Blogger Blair said...

I can't even make it three blocks on my bike without it falling apart! No iron man for me! And really, this is the 21st century - shouldn't it be called "Iron Person"? :P

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home