Friday, August 14, 2009

One more for the road

Another season of the Fergus Highland Games has come and gone and with it, another Running of the Mitchells. Not quite as exciting as running with the bulls, but almost. Maybe next year it will be as there is talk of running in kilts. Hmmmm.

IronMan was not there this year, but he had a sub in Little Cameron. I managed to come in ahead of him, but when I ran back to see how he and dad were doing, he was smiling, breathing easy and having a good time. Imagine, fun while you run.

When asked that morning if he was nervous, all he said was, "I don't know, I have never run that far before. Why be nervous?" Good point. Although I have to say his math does not add up. He figured that since he ran 2 km in Kids of Steel, all he needed to do was the same but 5 times over.

That is how I thought of my half marathon last year. 'Well I've run 10km, all I need to do is double it". It doesn't work that way kid. Your body has other ideas. In the end, we all finished and IronGirl even came in third in her class! Good for you!

I was 5 minutes over where I wanted to be, but at least I got some training in for November and my legs look good in the picture, so in the end, it was all good.

A note for brother Mark - being overseas does not mean an exemption from the race and you still owe us dinner.

See you all again next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home