Friday, June 29, 2007

Don't Cry For Me Etobicoke-Lakeshore

My heartfelt congratulations go out to Pink Girl from the dollhouse. I guess I should start using her real name so I can get her as much publicity as possible – as she is now the official candidate for the NDP in our riding! Leading up to her landslide victory were fundraising events and many hours of toiling. She had a garage sale to help raise funds, an all week sash making session in preparation for the pride parade and many a meeting where she rubbed elbows with power-brokers and deal-makers of our little enclave.

I am hopeful she will be triumphant in the election this fall (you have my vote) and that she will lobby Starbucks to set up shop! I am not a big fan (I don’t even drink coffee), but now that I am a homo (homeowner that is) in the hood, I want to help drive up property values! And what better way to do that than with chain stores and a lesbian politician?

Starbucks aside, I would like to see the dream of our Etobicoke-Lakeshore-Gay-Lesbian-And-Friends community bus come into being. A large mini-van that will allow us to commute to work, trip to Buffalo, get downtown for dancing and any other adventures we can think of. Our little group alone could trade in six vehicles for one. How good is that for reducing congestion and pollution?

Now I have to admit, we have not always seen eye-to-eye on certain political issues, but that won’t stop me from throwing my support behind her. And given the candidate for my usual favoured party (I miss you Jean!!!) I will do so happily! On the off chance you don’t win, I say a cout d’etat is in order. I can be underling #2 (I know the second dollhouse girl would be #1) sent to ‘talk’ to people about seeing the error of their ways. After a few years, I see you living the life of a glamorous exile along the lines of Imelda Marcos. All 1000 pairs of your shoes would be pink!

There is one nagging issue that as a gay man, I find challenging to accept. That is, the green-orange combo of the party colours is less than ideal. She however, manages to pull it off with both style and grace by adding a dash of pink. That always makes things look better.

Congratulations Madam Prime Minsiter.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And if Ms. Andrea is elected, I am hoping one of the first things she does is eliminate the bylaws in Vaughn and townhome complextes that forbid the use of closelines and encourage everyone to use them!!!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Robert Mitchell L.L. said...

excellent! she loves a clothesline....even uses one herself! and she agrees that such by-laws are silly.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:54 AM  
Anonymous Ontario NDP said...

Please show your support for Michael Laxer the son of James Laxer who is running for city councillor in Toronto ward 6 against Tory incumbent Mark Grimes.

This is the first step towards Michael becoming the next great leader of Ontario's NDP after Andrea Horwath falls flat on her face and she clearly will next year.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home