Friday, March 19, 2010

Ciao Italia!

Ever since our successful, 12 person-no-fighting-and-yes-we-all-got-along soiree to France last spring, I have been somewhat addicted to VRBO looking for my next European fix. And let me tell you boys and girls, I have found IT!

Look out Tuscany, here I come. Oh, I and the first 15 people that sign up ~ it’s just like the Glee club! Actually, there are only 14 spaces left as I need the Winnipeg Diva to make my little plan work.

Provence, in part, was funded by three communal garage sales. CJ’s island this summer is being similarly funded. By 2011 (maybe 2012 if people are REALLY willing to commit) we will surely all have purged our homes nearly to death. I suppose we can start yanking down the drywall and selling that and copper wire will fetch a good price as metals are at an all time high.

Spot #2 then is for the aforementioned Diva at the house, nay, villa, I have discovered. Replete with its own Roman amphitheatre “located in the wood of centuries-old oaks above the house and is in perfect harmony with nature”. I figure, the first night we hold her back from drinking and have an all Italian opera for the locals. The money we, or should I say ‘she’ raises pays for the Villa and in return she gets the pick of rooms and our undying gratitude. And she doesn’t have to cook that week.

Fauntleroy will open on the piano (with Kitkat lounging across the top singing show tunes) and close with the harp. Blue doll will run the ticket booth (after a day of selling in the village of course), I will run the food stand ~ charging outrageous prices for even the smallest treat and we will surely find things for everyone to do. Oh, Boobers’ McGee can do security detail. Perfect! Or maybe he could hold people upside down by their ankles and shake out their pockets? Hmmmmm.

Anyway, applications are now being accepted for Italy 2011 (maybe 2012). You must be able to cook (look at that FREAKIN' kitchen) and/or have another talent that makes you fabulous!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue Doll wants to get out of cooking since she's the only who speaks Italian (the Winnipeg Diva's arias don't count!). In fact, Blue Doll *is* Italian and will be the "in" you need with the locals. And, if there's a clothesline, you know she'll do laundry!

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there a small place near by for your mother?

6:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh blue dolly, that is why you are selling the tickets! You know the the local customs! Diva is in as well and can even get us a tenor!

There is always a place for mother! And we will find a job for you as well.....

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's gonna mix the cocktails at the Evening of Italian Opera....You're Wife???...sounds like a job for me...I will start honing my skills now. I can swear and say a few choice phrases in Italian...will that help... Straight Bear will work security too :-) ooooooo...should i bake?...wink wink xx CJ

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boobers McGee? I say! I don't have any Scottish in me at all--well, not at the moment.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

For my contribution I would like to walk up and down the amphitheatre aisles during intermission yelling " RED HOT MARTINIS, MERLOT, CABERNET, VODKA POPS" But I would only do it if I get to wear some outrageous costume which must include a hat.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Robert Mitchell L.L. said...

CJ - bake away! Then we can stay for 2 weeks! Sorry McGee, I couldn't think of an appropriate Italian surname for you....
And Cabernet, your costume is a hat, and that's it. We need those sales!

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home