Thursday, April 21, 2011

Well, we made it.....

Not sure how, but after this:

1 oz light rum
1 oz gold rum
1 oz dark rum
1/2 oz apricot brandy
1 oz creme de banana
1 oz pineapple juice
1 oz fresh lemon juice
1 oz fresh lime juice
1/4 oz grenadine
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 oz 151 proof demerara rum
pineapple wedge
lime wheel
fresh mint sprig
green orchid
maraschino cherry

Kitkat and I still managed to watch the last two episodes of our new favourite show. To be honest, I did not have the edible orchid or the 151 proof rum (where does one get such things?) so I put in a splash of blue curacao. While it did not negatively impact the taste, it did make the drink look like the inside of an abandoned fish tank.

Still, it went down so smoothly we soon found ourselves whipping up a second batch for the last episode and THEN became well aware of why they call it a zombie and the importance of that brown sugar. My goodness.

At some point during the evening I believe I proposed a Julie and Julia-esque endeavor where rather than work through a cookbook in one year, I would work through the 1000 cocktails in the ultimate bar book.

I did the math and that works out to alternating between 3 drinks and 2 drinks per day for a year. Kitkat thinks it a smashing idea but even my liver is all a quiver. I will have to peruse the entries first and if I can count those already consumed over the course of my life, I might give it a go.

Mind you, it would be a rather short list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home