Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Suddenly, I like hockey.

Well, we finally have ONE professional athlete on our side! After watching this video of NHL player Sean Avery, of the New York Islanders (look at me talkin' all butch) I was saddened to hear about the backlash he has endured for making this 30 second spot.

There are retired, professional athletes that support gay marriage (gay themselves or not) but not a single, active member of any professional sports organization in North America has come out in support of it.

I'm sure that Europe is different. As they ask in Legally Blonde, "is he gay or European?" Ahhhh, one more reason to move to France.

As for Todd Reynolds (gay name by-the-way - Todd) of Uptown Sports Management who tweeted it's "Very sad to read Sean Avery's misguided support of same-gender 'marriage.' Legal or not, it will always be wrong." And then went on to "To clarify. This is not hatred or bigotry towards gays. It is not intolerance in any way shape or form. I believe we are all equal."

Really? We're all equal? Really? So if I say certain people should ride in the back of the bus because of their colour. That's okay as long as I say I'm not being "intolerant." "Ms. Parks, I'm going to have to ask you to move to the back of the bus. We need this seat for a straight white person. But don't you worry, I still think we're equa.....oh wait, no I don't. Move to the back."

Oh, hey, while we're at it, those same people can use separate public pools and drinking fountains. And, just for kicks, let's move an entire race of people away from the west coast (I'm referring to the Japanese after Pearl Harbour - thought I might have to spell that one out for you Toddy)and confiscate all their possessions in the name of "tolerance."

He also tweeted: "But I believe in the sanctity of marriage between one man and one woman. This is my personal viewpoint. I Do not hate anyone."

Again. Really? You don't hate anyone? Sounds to me like your not a real big fan of us. But why split hairs, oh wait, that's right, you don't have any to split. Snap.

Thank you Sean! Todd, you can suck it and I hope at least one of your three kids plays on our team! Snap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home