Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The Plug Has Been Pulled

Just like Sarah Connor's roomie said in The Terminator "you're dead honey". These are the words my adjuster said to my dearly departed Lucy. Unlike the Bionic Man, they can't re-build her. Well they could, but her doctor says she would never be the same again. Best donate what is left to science and those looking for spare parts. She is likely to wake up tomorrow in a tub of ice with her battery missing. Thank you doll house girls for all your prayers. I am sure they will help Lucy on her way.

Once again, I am faced with the task finding the perfect girl to complete my life. In the middle of a blizzard no less. I hope it is not as difficult as finding a man. Veronica is keeping me company until Monday, so I have a few days to shop around.

My heart is set on a Honda Element, but my wallet has found a 1948 DeSoto that it likes. I am looking for the silver lining in all this. Lucy liked to drink and it was not a cheap habit to support. I now have the chance to find a lower maintenance type girl. But I still liked riding high with Lucy. She made me feel safe - and the three of us walking away from such a wreck is proof positive that she was.

I can't think about this right now. I'll think about it tomorrow. Just like Scarlet.

Lucy. Friend. Companion. One Hell of a Ride.

2000 - 2008 Rust In Peace

5 Comments:

Blogger Lance Morrison said...

You speak of the "Three of you", but what of Brian? Did he make it? Is he okay?
Sorry to hear of Lucy. We'll all miss her.
In sympathy,
Lancey

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just imagine if that had happened on your way to the spice girls.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Robert Mitchell L.L. said...

Brian was fine...he was in the house. His bear senses told him to stay away....

If it had been Spice Night I would have kept going! Don't say such things. "I'll just buff out that scratch later". It still would have been Spicy. I don't even want to think about it. Plugging ears - la la la la la la

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when is the viewing? instead of flowers, should we donate to Shell? Esso?

and what is this jinxing Spice Night after the fact ... tut tut tut ... no ken ayina hora needed thank you

ech, you're all mesheguneh

11:16 PM  
Blogger Lance Morrison said...

Thank goodness.
Say hi to him for me. Billy and Byron miss him so; they keep asking after him.

8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home