Monday, November 17, 2008

Madonna, Halloween and a Bit More

Papi, your last comment is half valid. True, I failed to discuss the concert that was Madonna. She was, as usual, fantastic, but I must confess that the Girlie Show is still my favourite. Perhaps putting in writing will help cement the positive aspects of the evening in my mind ~ spending time with the Papis, seeing Madonna in concert, the big beers (that reminded me of another good concert, ummmm, what was that again? Oh right, the SPICE GIRLS!) and playing the “gay” “straight” game about the people from my work.

Of course, on the flip side, it might drive home the fact that we spent $70 on a “light nosh” before the show. And what did we get for that bargain price? Stew (shared among 6 people) 2 tablespoons of cheese, a plate of fries (they were good I must admit), a breakfast sausage and a glass of pink wine. Oh, and no money for fun after the concert.

However, you call balls too soon with reference to Halloween. I posted on the 30th. Fright night is the 31st. So I couldn’t have written about the kick-ass time we had this year! Smaller crowds, good weather and my Kleenex box shoes held-up.

Absent from this years Halloween festivities were the Doll House Girls – boo. They are usually such a big part of the evening that something didn’t seem quite right. We managed to fill the void, as we so often do, with libations of all sorts. Fauntleroy, the angry Viking, started us off, or should I say finished us off, with zombies; a horrid three rum concoction that I should have known better than to drink.

KitKat and CJ were Sweeney Todd and Mrs. Lovett. His attention to detail and her cockroach encrusted rolling pin got them the attention they deserved. They didn’t win any contest, but I am sure they would have if we had found one.

New to our group were, ummmm, I don’t have blog names for them yet. For now I will call them the Italian party goers as they were dressed as Venetians from long ago. Capes, hats, masks and all, they quite literally stopped traffic.

I myself was cute if a bit boring. I went as Howard Hughes. Dressed in a tattered old robe, I had long broken fingernails, Kleenex box shoes, a jaunty moustache and the best part was a jar of my own urine. Apple juice really, but it had the same effect. There was also Super Lobster. Kind of like what you would get if Aqua Man and Super Man had a kid. And Papi was a Koodoo/20 minute work-out girl. I think the pictures speak for themselves.

More recently, I love these multi entry posts, so efficient, IronMan and I went to the William Ashley sale this past weekend. I used to get so excited about going. The only thing that excited me this time though was the short line. We waited about 10 minutes, but in that time I learned a very valuable lesson. All you gentlemen out there pay attention!

Before heading to the sale, we had breakfast, and that of course includes juice and tea. On top of that was the morning lemon water. When we arrived, IronMan hit the line while I hit the head. Upon entering the upscale Johnny on the Spot I was almost overcome by the smell of chlorine. There were a couple of pucks in each of the urinals and I thought that quite normal at the time. The smell was better than that of sour pee, so I didn’t give it much thought. I did my business, zipped up, washed my hands and headed out the door.

On the way back to the line my junk started to tingle. I chalked it up to that “ahhhhh” feeling you get after you go, but then the pain set it. The tingle became a slow burn and then the pain came.

Did you know those pucks generate a splash when you whiz on them? Me neither! Rushing back, I soaked a paper towel, locked myself in a stall and gave the old undercarriage a good wash. Things back to normal, I got back in line just in time to be ushered in.

Two sets of tea towels and a measuring cup later, we left. You know William, or whatever your name is, just because you put a price on something, draw a line through it and then a lower one below it, doesn’t make it a good deal. And try putting ice in the john like everyone else next year.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was Ironman for Halloween?

4:56 PM  
Blogger Robert Mitchell L.L. said...

He was a New York marathon runner... he went all out. He actually went to NY and ran the race. Now that is a good costume.

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home