Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It was a dark and stormy night....

Once again I find myself in the unenviable position of having to apologize for being a tardy writer. It is not that I have not been busy, no! I have many a story to regale you with. There has been tiling going on, chairs have been reupholstered, halls painted, pictures framed and many other home happenings to share with you.

Thanks to KitKat’s library, I also have many an interesting tip on the history of food. If you liked the Ms. Beeton entries, you will truly love these.

There is also a particularly funny flatulence laden snowboarding story that I shall share with you next. But tonight I feel the NEED to write about our weather. All day people at work have complained about how foggy, wet and damp it is. Not a week ago there were moans and groans about how cold it was. My goodness, there are no pleasing some people.

Aside from the fact that this is NOT February weather, and makes me wonder just how bad a shape our planet is in, I have to say I am enjoying it immensely. Walking to my car tucked under my Harrod’s umbrella, I couldn’t help but think about Holmes and Watson stealing off into the night on some great caper.

I looked forward to getting home after class and curling up under my fur blanket with a good mystery novel and some port. Alas, I am not drinking this month, but am still excited about the adventure that awaits me between the covers of the Hound of the Baskervilles. I have read it before, but on a night like this, when you can look out the window at the fog and mist, it makes it extra delicious.

But first, there is a steak to BBQ and squash to bake. Perhaps a splash about in the Wellingtons after would be nice. So many choices! Until next time, I bid you a good evening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home