Monday, September 25, 2006

Tis the season.

Where do I begin? If last night was any indication of what Desperate Housewives is going to be like this season, we are indeed in for a treat! The middle of last season was a tad lack luster and I didn’t think it would ever completely recover. How wrong I was!

I am sure you will all agree, that Bree had the best plot line (and one liners) last night. The opening sequence that began revealing Orson’s past was a delicious smorgasbord of classic moments from film and television. His demands around the house were smacked of Sleeping With The Enemy and the parrot that blew the whistle on him was very a la Twin Peaks. “Leo no. Leo no. Stop it. Stop it. Hurting me. Leo no.” Classic! The closing scene of poor Orson’s wife about to be entombed in concrete at his country club was reminiscent of Knots Landing when Abby buried Peter Hollister under the children’s playground. It is comforting to know that even in Hollywood they recycle.

We also giggled and blushed when she exclaimed she did not engage in sex of the oral variety because she is a Republican. Hee hee. And then her “mild stroke” turned out to be an orgasm.

What else happened? Who cares? Actually that is not quite true. Lynette going head to head with Tom’s ex-lover was exquisite. It took me a long time to warm up to Lynette, but I now think she is FAB. I thought she was going to kill that kid when he came out of the bathroom. I wonder how the cake made out sliding across the floor like that. And thank God Tom finally got a spine.

Edie’s efforts to off load Mary Alice’s house were also comical. Especially when she gave Mrs. McCluskey the boot for telling potential buyers about all the murder and mayhem that has taken place in the house. I want to know what open house has food though.

Gabrielle’s storyline continues to showcase, well, her. And only she can pull it off. From threatening to deport her baby oven to driving off just as Carlos starts to express his disappointment with his life. Bitch. Good, but a bitch.

And then there is Susan. I have said it before and I will say it again. Emmy or not, please get rid of her. That is just my humble opinion. Yawn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home