Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sucks and the City

I really should call it Mildly Disappointed and the City, but it just doesn’t have the same ring to it. It had all the right pieces in the right order…but there was too much interference. The tight story, witty quips and good one-liners had too much junk in the way! You’d think we’d learn….Bewitched, Starsky and Hutch, The Flintstones, The Beverly Hillbillies and so goes the list. Good TV = Bad Movies.

There have been a few exceptions – Charlie’s Angels and The Addams Family – but it is a pretty safe bet that one should not get their hopes up when it comes to the TV to Movie leap.

Maybe that is what it was, our expectations were too high. I dusted off the cocktails glasses and stocked up on the fixin’s for cosmos. Costco sized cranberry juice and all. KitKat had been stocking his blog with clips from the series. And as I sat in traffic this week I actually tried to justify which characters my male friends would be. Fauntleroy = Miranda, Alberta Boy = Samantha, KitKat = Carrie and a bit’o Samantha, Kerouac = Charlotte and Carrie and myself = Charlotte.

The movie however did provide me another excuse to wear my “I shit my pants at mañana” t-shirt. After that scene though, it was really downhill. I mean, really, where can you go after that?

I was however happy to see, that the movie inspired so many groups of friends to get together, on a school night no less, dress up and go out together. I am all for the social element of the show, but save your money and avoid the disappointment. Have your friends over, make your own big batch of cosmos and watch the series on DVD.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

offer=over

1:12 PM  
Blogger Robert Mitchell L.L. said...

good catch....thanks for the edit

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

took you long enough ;)

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I'm a reporter with a national newspaper based in New York and I would love to set up a time to talk with you this week about your folding skills for a story I'm working on (I came across your Dec. 2, 2005 post about your folding skills). I can be reached at 212-416-4184. I look forward to hearing from you and really appreciate the help.

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home