Thursday, September 16, 2010

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmm?

I have heard, and confirmed through the Google, that airlines don’t play disaster movies as in-flight entertainment, especially those that involve planes that crash and burn. I would argue Independence Day fits that bill, but let’s not split hairs.

Assuming the same principle applies to other modes of transportation, I would guess that cruise lines don’t play Titanic or The Poseidon Adventure. That last one could be due to Ernest Borgnine running around in a wife beater rather than the disaster element. “Linda, I told you to put something on under that dress”. Classic.

So I had to raise an eyebrow this morning when I boarded the elevator at work for my trip to the 25th floor. To alleviate awkward, and more often than not boring, conversations all the lifts have a captivate.ca screen.

Weather, sports and odds and sods of news flash across the screen to entertain you for your 45 second trip. I was surprised though to see a trailer for M. Knight Shyamalan’s new movie “Devil”.

From what I can gather, an elevator gets stuck, the lights go out and the devil starts having ‘fun’ with the occupants. I have been stuck in an elevator thrice in my life (more if you count the on purpose times) that I can remember. Once the lights went out to boot. Not good times I can tell you.

For kicks, I think the captivate people should deliberately stop the elevators during the morning rush and play the second scene from the movie Speed. That’ll calm everyone right down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home